Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Very Strange Wednesday!

Addendum to May 23, 2011 - Tom and I went for gas for the van on Monday evening and check out Williams, AZ and the train depot. At the bottom of the hill to the RV Park was a tractor trailer with an "Oversize Load" on it. It was so, so long. After a while I figured that it was one of the blades from a wind turbine. I have never seen one so close. I had to get out of the van to take a picture of it because I needed a different angle to get it all in one shot. I'll have to share the picture when it gets resized. When we came back from out trip the lead truck was there. Soon they weren't there.

Addendum to May 24, 2011 - One of the things that happened in the morning was that a "Sharp Shooter" (read that "photographer") went through the car taking everyone's picture who would let her. She said that she would be back in the afternoon with the pictures. And, indeed, she was. It was a set of 4 pictures: an 8x10 of us and another 8x10 of a steam locomotive, another was about 4x4 of us and another approximately 4x4 mounted on magnets for the refrigerator door. We did not buy the pictures. She put the push on gently and then accepted our decision. Some people behind us asked the price and I nearly choked at the $35 answer. I'm just as happy with the picture that the bus driver took at the canyon.
+++++++++++++++

A Very Strange Wednesday! - May 25, 2011

Tom was awake at his usual early hour and out to the washhouse. I was aware of that and then went back to sleep. When he came back I decided to get up. The only thing I knew that was on the schedule today, for sure, was an oil change for the van. It was over the recommended time for a change and we have been asking it to do a lot of work lately. When Tom called the shop he was told to bring it anytime and they open at 8:30am. That's when he wanted to be there. And so he left.

Since the van wasn't going to be around to take us anywhere I decided to air the sleeping bags and pillows. I put pastic table cloths on the picnic tables and spread a sleeping bag on it. I put another table cloth on another nearby table and put the pillows on it. Then I went in to do the dishes and found that the water heater wasn't turned on. So I vegged.

Soon Tom was home without the van. It seems that tires had cracks in the rubber and that the shocks were worn out. It is an 2002 van which we bought in 2004 and these tires and shocks were the original equipment on the van. Although this was an AAA approved service center Tom still asked him if he was taking advantage of him. So now the van has 4 new shocks, 4 new tires and new oil. We should have a safer ride. The load shouldn't be so heavy any more with all the money we left in Williams.

Tom helped put the other sleeping bag out to air and we started the dishes. Soon a man from the service station came to get Tom to take him to get the van.

I was talking to the lady who runs the RV Park office. She told me that it was 100 degrees in Tucson since we left. And Tom came back with the news that they had 3 inches of snow hee one week ago from today.

After lunch we both took a nap for a while. For me this was the "let down day" from all of the activity of yesterday.

Then we went geocaching. We found all 3 of the 3 that we were looking for in Williams.

We found a Safeway food store in Williams while we were looking for the third cache. When "The Man" told us about it I thought it was going to be a small store next to a gas station. Not so. It was a full size grocery store. So we went in for "a few things" that we could remember from our shopping list that we thought we might need in a hurry. The tomato was on the list but the cucumber wasn't.  Neither were the nectarines. The snack crackers for munching while traveling were on the list as was the ice cream. We brought ice cream sandwiches with us from PA but they ran out earlier this week. Now we found some mint ice cream sandwiches!

Home to a light dinner and putting things in their places. Now the computering is complete. Soon the ice cream will come out and we will go to bed after a trip to the washhouse.

Tomorrow we hope to visit Sedona AZ. Everyone says "Don't miss it" so we shall see what's there. We think it is suppose to be a beautiful drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment