Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Saw More of Needles CA Today - May 29, 2011

I Saw More of Needles CA Today - Sunday, May 29, 2011

When we awoke this morning we couldn't believe that we were still at the same place as we were the previous 2 days. The temperature was so different. It was very breezy but the hot temps was gone. They may have reached the mid 80s in the hottest part of the day but certainly not the 100s! After getting ready for church Tom sat outside for about an hour just enjoying the wonderful breeze and cool termperature. He said that it might even be called cold at times.

We had some time to relax before we headed to church for a 9am service. They had a dedication of a memorial garden right after worship today. I thought we would be the only ones leaving but not so. When I saw the cars leaving I wondered who would be staying. But that's about what would happen at my church too.

Tom had found an interesting place for breakfast. By the time we found the Black Bear Dinner they had a long line out the door. We decided to wait. Since we were a "party of two" we got a table in about 30 minutes. The food was good and the portions were large. Tom said that we could have gone to the Denny's across the road but I said that we could go to Denny's anytime. The Black Bear Dinner is a chain restaurant in the western US. YUM!

We had some things on out shopping list that had cropped up very quickly so we decided to shop on the way back to the trailer. We did find everything we wanted.

After a nap we went geocaching. We haven't been having too much luck lately. We had three chances to get to log one in CA and did not find any of them. The first two we really tried but the third didn't make any sense at all. Besides, there was an old man watching us.

I saw more of Needles CA today than I thought was there. It was very depressing. There was some of the things that are needed by the people who lived there but most of it was either for the tourist trade or was closed down. Motels right next to each other for blocks all advertising low rates around $30 per night just to get the business. Gasoline was in the opposite direction. It was about $4.79 per gallon. Those speed boats and Ski-doos need gasoline too. When you get away from the water you can buy gas for $3.69 per gallon.

So we cam back to the RV Park. It was nice to sit out in the cool temperatures and relax. There were people in the pool when we got back and they stayed there for quite a while. I would have expected it was cold in the water when we got back let along when they finally got out of the water. I will not be going in tonight!

Soon we decided that we would see what our watermelon tasted like. We bought it the other day after we decided that we did have a place to store it if we ate half of it. So we did. We chose a small melon so that it wouldn't be hard to eat or store.

We talked about what we would be doing tomorrow. We don't expect to be in a great hurry to leave tomorrow. We are going to Mohave National Preserve with the possibility of getting a cache or two in Nevada. I'd like to go to the Mitchell Caverns but that would be at the cost of geocaching. We will see how the day plays out.

Off to do the pre-bedtime chores and finish getting ready for tomorrow's trip. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment