Time for our Spirits to catch up with our bodies - Friday, June 10, 2011
I guess we could have but we didn't try. I finally got out of bed about 6:15am but it was just too cold to think about it. Off to the wash house and back again to find a warm trailer and Tom there dressed and ready to go. We had breakfast finished by 7:30 and talked about the posibility of being able to get out of the RV Park by 8:30am. Neither of us thought that it was possible so we really didn't work at it. We didn't think there was that much to do but we just didn't move.
We were ready by 8:50am so that wasn't too bad. We went through the town of Panguitch. We had gone through this town before but I never had time to read the banners and signs that were hung and I wondered why all these quilts were hanging on so many buildings. This time I had time to read the signs. It was the "Walking Quilt Festival." One just walked around town and viewed the quilts, I guess. There were a few groups of people walking the streets of this quaint little town on Utah's Rt 89 yesterday when we were in town to shop. I hope they get a lot more people to visit this weekend.
Then I saw another sign that interested me but I was a little too early. "Balloon Festival - June 23-28" Gee, I wish I could be there.
Tom didn't turn "The Man" on until well into our time on Interstate Rt 15 and "he" still wanted to turn us around to go another way. When we went up this one very high mountain we wondered if this was the reason that "he" wouldn't take us this way because "he" was told that we were a "truck." Finally "he" accepted that we were taking Rt 15 so that's the way "he" was happy to take us.
But then we got close to Salt Lake City. We saw a sign that said that the highway was to have two new lanes by 2012. And so the construction zone began. And continued. And continued. And continued. But the traffic kept moving. Then all of a sudden the traffic stopped. There was some lane changing but not like in PA. The two worse lanes were the extreme two right lanes out of four. After we lost 21 minutes on our ETA we found that there was an "incident" and all of the traffic in the extreme right lane was to merge left. So that was the problem! Once we passed the "incident" participants traffic was back to normal very quickly.
We exited Rt 15 when "The Man" told us to and followed "his" directions right to the parking lot of a major hotel chain! I think this was "his" revenge for not listening to "him" in the first place.
While Tom checked the Campground directory for the RV Park's directions on how to get there I looked around and noticed that we seemed to be right near an exit from Rt 15. I could see the desending slooping road from the highway. Armed with the directions that he found in the book and what I figured I had found Tom "crossed his fingers" and found his way to a major street that seemed to be going in the way he wanted to go. We took the road under the highway and EUREKA! There was the sign for the RV Park at which we had reservations for the weekend. We had officially arrived in Ogden, Utah!
Tom went into the office to register us and get our site number. It wasn't too far from the Office where the Restrooms are located. They must have just finished (within the past few months) renovating the rooms because they still had the "new" look to them, even the toilet seats. Anyway, I am very happy with them. I must remember the code that will let me into the bathrooms. This is not new. But what is new is that the code for the men's room is different than the one for the ladies room.
We "crashed" for a while and then had supper. A man came knocking on the trailer door asking if we wanted to buy some fresh tomales. Since dinner was already planned Tom declined but was tempted. He probably will be back.
After dinner we took a walk around the RV Park. This a a very big place with some permanent "residents" here. I can't understand the concept of leaving a home and coming here to live in a trailer. One of the things we found at other RV Parks and in the State Parks in PA is that some workers who travel distances for their jobs will bring their RVs and park it in the site for a week (here it is in the "permanent" section). They use part of the stipend they are paid for housing to pay for the site and pocket the difference from what they were paid. It works for them. Maybe that's the way they paid off the trailer!
I know we are near the solstice but I just can't get used to it being light at 9pm. It is still light enough for me to see my way to the "wash house" at 9:15pm without a flash light. But I need light to see where I am walking so my trusty flashlight goes with me wherever I go.
We have no real plans for the weekend except for a little food shopping and get a few things for the trailer. If so inclined, we could do a little geocaching. On Sunday there is church. This "down time" is what I call "giving our Spirits time to catch up with our bodies." We will be in no hurry to do anything this weekend.
Now it is time to finish this, post it, write another note and get to bed. It is now 11pm local time and the temperature is 65 degrees. What a difference! Wonder what it will be when we get up in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment