Sunday, June 26, 2011

"This Is Really A 'Down' Day" (TJK) - Sunday, June 26, 2011

"This Is Really A 'Down' Day" (TJK) - Sunday, June 26, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEVE! (June 27)
(Yeah, I know it's tomorrow but there won't be a blog for tomorrow so I'm saying this now. Besides you won't hear about this until you read it tomorrow.)

Oh, bummer! That hand on my shoulder just won't go away. Of course not! It belongs to the one I asked to wake me when he got up. Nice person he is. :o) A personal alarm clock.

Off for a shower, get dressed and on to church. First showers in a new washhouse always take much longer. Have to decide where the bag holding the clothes goes so it doesn't get wet (Is there a hook or a dry spot on the bench?), and where does the soap, shampoo, wash cloth and towel go? And you consider yourself lucky that you got the only shower stall in a total of three that is complete. The handle that works the water on/off and temperature is not lying on the floor of the stall and the fixture around the drain in the middle of the floor of the stall is not lying in the corner of the stall.

After church we went into town looking for a Denny's which we knew was there and at which we could get breakfast. But as I was reading signs I read one for a local "Family Restaurant".
"Shall we give it a try?"
"There are a lot of cars there. Sure. Let's do it."
And so we tried Sero's Restaurant. Good food. Good portions. Moderately priced. Good choice.

We asked for the location of a grocery store and where we could get a newspaper. Found all three within a quarter mile. This should be our last stop for bread and water but, unfortunately, not our last stop for gas. Tomorrow will probably take two stops, which includes one to start out, and Tuesday two. I hope gas prices keep getting better as they have been in the last few days.

Back at the campground I was in bed almost as soon as the groceries were put away. Can you believe two hours and twenty minutes? It IS time to be Home.

We did spend chair-time today with the newspaper. The sun was very warm even though hidden by the clouds. Tom worked on getting "The Man" ready for the trip. We have to get back on I70 but I guess that is still the normal direction and not anything special because of construction.

We watched people leave. I was surprised because I thought some of the people who left were "regulars" with permanent spots. A lot of people didn't observe the 12pm check out time. The people next to us left about 1:30 and the people "down the street" were still packing at 2:15!

Tom did his bookkeeping early and then started getting dinner.

When dinner was finished, I am ashamed to admit, I was ready for another nap. I asked Tom not to let me sleep past 7pm. He didn't but I just couldn't get awake. He came back at 7:15. I got up.

We talked about travel plans for tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm getting even more excited about meeting my friend, tomorrow, and want to spend as much time with her as we can. So there probably won't be any computer time tomorrow night which means no blog for tomorrow. But Monday's will come as will the last day, Tuesday. Just a little bit late.

Now the blog is almost finished for tonight. It is almost 9pm and it is still daylight! I will enjoy  this day as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment