Sunday, June 12, 2011

"Poor, Poor 'Puppy'" - Sunday, June 12, 2011

"Poor, Poor 'Puppy'" - Sunday, June 12, 2011

We awoke to our last full day in Ogden, Utah. Since worship at Elim Lutheran Church was to begin at 10am we had lots of time to shower and make eggs for breakfast. We even had some time to spare.

The weather was breezy and on the chill side because of the breeze. I chose to wear my light weight denim long sleeve shirt over my top but wished I had more for this outdoor service. All of Elim's summer worship services are outdoors on a small lawn between the parking lot and the church building. All visitors at Elim are gifted with a loaf of bread and a copy of their monthly newsletter. We were not missed so we had a loaf of Amish Friendship Bread to bring back to the trailer.

From our site in the RV Park we could see the snow covered peaks of the mountains. On our way back to the RV Park the peaks were lost in the mist that swirled around them. It just felt like it was going to do something and "something" it did.

It was about 11:20 until the Liturgy was finished and we were on our way back to the RV Park. When we entered the Park I took a look around and said, "Poor, poor 'Puppy.'"

Huh? The trailer has acquired the name "Puppy." The reason for this goes back to when we were considering whether to buy the trailer. Tom asked the saleman how the trailer would "track." He was used to trailering a 12-ft fishing boat trailer but not a 20-ft RV trailer. The salesman replied, "It'll follow you just like a puppy." And so our trailer got it's name.

But the reason for my remark "Poor, poor 'Puppy'" was that it was left all alone in our portion of the trailer park! I know that four motor homes and trailers left before we left for church. But there were still quite a few still here. But when we came back our "Puppy" was all alone! Within the hour RVs of all sorts were arriving. Now it looks like a growing town.

We changed our clothes and prepared lunch. As we were eating I noticed the water spots on the window behind Tom. Then I could see them on the edge of the window beside but a little behind him. Then I noticed that the water was running off the awning onto the other side of that window. It was raining. Raining for sure. The roads were getting wet. The trailer steps were getting wet. The windows on the one side of the trailer were getting wet. And just that fast it stopped.

And just that fast it was time to take a nap. It didn't take long for either of us to fall asleep. And within the hour, sooner for Tom than for me, we were up and it was beautiful outside. We could even see the mountain peaks!

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that the bread had lasted this long without being tasted. After all there were the important things of "lunch" and "sleep." But now the "Amish Friendship Bread" was to be tasted. And it was/is good. I've tasted some that weren't this good; just the right amount of sweetness and moisture. YUM!

I've been promising myself that I was going to clean that red dust out of the bathroom before we left the last RV Park and then this one. If I didn't get it done today the promise was going to have to be extended to another park. So I got at it. Nothing really good; just some wet paper towels that had already been used to dry hands in the wash house and air dried. They were wet with just water and started picking up the red dust and regular dust. I even managed to sort the laundry into various pillowcases before to put it back into the shower stall.

While I was doing all that "good stuff" Tom was emptying the gray water tank, stowing the hose and cleaning the bugs from the windshield of the van. He also was checking the map and finding out how "The Man" was planning to take us to Lander, Wyoming, tomorrow.

Next came dinner. It was so nice that we ate outside again. And the temperature climbed to about 80 degrees. Don't ask me what happened to the weather today. But I'll take it.

We then went about our normal nightly activities of the trip spreadsheet and email for Tom and the blog and email for me. I've been telling Tom that I can't send email for two nights but this is the first time that Tom can't send any. The first night I was able to send it on my webmail URL but I can't even do that now. I have always been able to receive email but it's just lately that I can't send it. We will be in Lander, WY only one night and then Cody, WY for five nights. I'd like to be able to send email in both places but particularly in Cody!

We've made our plans as to how we would like tomorrow morning to go since we have almost five and half hours travel time. Let's hope it goes that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment